Tuesday 27 October 2015

"Gone Too Soon: How young corps member lost her life few weeks after resumption"


Nigeria has lost another young female graduate, Lamina Temitope Balqis Omolabake, who was a 2015 Batch A National Youth Service Corps member, as she was involved in a ghastly motor accident in the night of October 26, somewhere in Zamfara State on her way back to her place of primary assignment in Sokoto State.
Read:
The young lady was travelling from her base in Sango Ota, Ogun State, when the vehicle she was traveling in was involved in the fatal accident few hours to her destination.
On of her closest friends, Adeniyi Sukurat Abidemi, a 2014 Batch C Corps member in the same, Sokoto State, took to Facebook to pen this touching tribute to the late Omolabake:
"I could remember the first day I met you at a person after hearing so much about you on phone. You were so pretty and young, I fell in love with your smile immediately. You were a loving girl, your siblings' best friend, your parents' favourite and your fiance's little Bae.
I saw you last on October 7, 2015, when the traffic light stopped my bike and I heard that your tiny voice saying "Chicken, how far".
You travelled the next day to Ogun State and until now, I still wish you didn't travel. I loved you so much but you didn't even allow me to show the love well....
You were an ambitious presenter who had a lot of plans. Now who would continue your sport program you started at Savannah TV? You gave us so much stress in thinking about a name for that program before we all decided on one.
Everyone always gets to like you at first sight.... Trust me, you can't meet her and not fall in love.
Rest in peace Lamina Temitope Balqis Omolabake.... My dearest talkative." 




2 comments: