Thursday 13 October 2016

PARENTAL CONSENT IN MARRIAGE.............

CAN YOUR PARENTS DECIDE YOUR CHOICE OF YOUR SPOUSE?

There is an adage that says, what an adult sees while sitting, even when a child stands he/she cannot see, does it mean that our parents are always right when they try to decide who u should or should not marry? below is a story of lady who was faced with such problem read  and comment if you were to be in her shoes what will you do?


HER STORY

 Am a young lady of 23yrs, I started dating my fiancee 2012 but officially 2013. I met him where I went to do my IT he works in the same place. Unfortunately my dad does supply in that company so my guy knew my dad. Fast forward to 2015 December I brought him home for the first time my dad now said his face is familiar that he knows him. So after that day they both were communicating on phone. After which we had our introduction May this year. So my FiancĂ© now fixed last month to come & fix a date for the wedding which he said on the last sunday of November. That where the problem started from my dad started voicing out everytin that he won't accept the wedding o. That am 23yrs my guy is 37yrs the age gap is much, That he doesn't like the church my guy attends bcos he is a sabbatarian that they re occultic pple, that he didn't make proper investigation bfo the intro, that now he has gone to ask pple. That I schooled abroad he knows how much he spent on me. That he is afraid my husband mite just put me at home he won't let me work.i can't even let my mum talk to him bcos she is my step mum instead she is the one igniting the fire, that I left a rich man to go for some1 that is not capable, that my guy family don't call him often. That my guy doesn't call too. That aspect of call is sometin that is not use to him. I try talking to him that my family loves communication. He started finding fault. That ever since the intro my guy didn't even come see him again. That his parent didn't come but on the intro day is relative that where present told my dad that his dad is heal. So his mum his taking care of him but the main wedding they will come. My guy is igbo while am edo. My dad is refusing to accept the wedding date he says till my guy convert from been a sabbatarian to a Sunday worshipper either Mfm or Reedeem & he will be the one to fix date not my guy that till he sees my guy change. My guy said he can't bcos of a woman disobey God. So confuse now.







No comments:

Post a Comment